Very professional and friendly office staff. Very professional and friendly office staff. My examination was very thorough and I was encouraged to ask any questions and reminded to call if I should think of any. I would recommend this practice to others based on my experience today
Michael C. Toms, DDS, MS
Restore Your Smile and Oral Function
Michael C. Toms, DDS, MS is an experienced periodontist who graduated with his specialization from Ohio State University in 1996. Since then, he has been helping patients who suffer from various forms and effects of periodontal disease. Dr. Toms is passionate about his continued education and training to ensure he can meet the needs of his patients with the best and most effective periodontal treatments available.
3 Ways To Transform Your Smile
Dental implants are a popular and effective solution for missing teeth. Our implants are made of biocompatible materials that mimic the look and function of natural teeth. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime and give you the confidence to smile, eat, and speak with ease.
Why choose dental implants:
- Long Lasting
- Low Maintenance
- Strength and Durability
Periodontal plastic surgery, often known as gum contouring, is a cosmetic procedure designed to enhance the aesthetic appearance of a patient’s gum line. Dr. Toms specializes in addressing concerns such as “gummy smiles” where excess gum tissue obscures teeth during a smile. This quick and virtually painless procedure involves precise removal of excess tissue, resulting in a fuller, whiter smile and improved self-confidence.
Key Benefits of Periodontal Plastic Surgery:
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Achieve a more visually pleasing smile by reducing excess gum tissue and unveiling more of the teeth.
- Quick Healing: Experience minimal downtime with a cosmetic gum lift, as the procedure typically requires only a few days for recovery.
- Functional Restoration: Beyond cosmetic benefits, this surgery can serve functional purposes, such as preparing the gum area for dental implant placement or addressing broken teeth below the gumline.
LANAP® (Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is an advanced periodontal treatment utilizing laser technology to address gum disease. This minimally invasive procedure targets diseased tissue while preserving healthy gums, promoting tissue regeneration and attachment.
Key Benefits of LANAP®:
- Gentle Healing: LANAP® offers a gentle alternative to traditional gum surgery, minimizing discomfort and promoting faster recovery.
- Preservation of Healthy Tissue: The laser precisely targets infected areas, preserving surrounding healthy gum tissue for improved overall oral health.
- Stimulates Regeneration: LANAP® stimulates the regeneration of supporting structures, fostering the reattachment of gums to the teeth and promoting long-term periodontal health.
The health of your gums is vital to your health and well-being and a primary concern to Dr. Toms. Research has shown that many other illnesses and diseases can be linked to gum disease such as heart disease, low birth weight, pancreatic cancer, and stroke. For this reason, Dr. Toms and his staff work hard to educate patients on the importance of taking care of their dental health. He believes that taking care of your gums is one of the best ways to prevent future health issues.
In addition to patient education, Dr. Toms places an emphasis on utilizing the most advanced technology to serve our patients and deliver real results. Recently, he invested in an ICAT machine that enables more detailed scans and models for guided implant surgeries. This allows patients to get the most aesthetically pleasing results for their dental implants. Along with the ICAT, Dr. Toms invested in a 3D printer for precision crowns and implants.
Dr. Toms strives for excellence in everything he does. Around our office, you will find a friendly and caring staff who have this same work ethic. Your needs always come first and we work hard to deliver exceptional results for each of our patients. Call us today at (513) 922-7300 to set up your next appointment.